The Regional Advocates Committee contacted Ikebana International headquarters and requested an extension on paying 2020-21 chapter dues. Our request was successful and the dues deadline is now September 30, 2020.
Pay Pal vs Wire transfer vs Credit Card payment of Chapter dues to HQ
We examined various payment options based on the number of members. The options explored are:
- PayPal (which charges a 5% fee on all payments) is a reasonable option for paying dues for up to 7 members.
- Paying by credit card is a cost effective payment method 8-35 members. Be sure to check what your credit card charges as a foreign transaction fee. The calculations assumed 3%. Some credit cards have no transaction fee and then they would be better than even PayPal for smaller chapters.
- Using Transferwise.com – this appears to be the most economical option for chapters over 35 members! If you need help with this option, feel free to contact Stephanie English, Communications Chair.
- A wire transfer from your chapter’s local bank. We included the the 4000 yen fee that I.I. requires and a $50 fee for transferring the dues payment to Ikebana International that most banks in North/Central America will charge directly to your chapter account. This option is not very economical.
All payment should be made to Ikebana International in Japanese yen plus a bank charge of JPY 4000.
- Money transfer: Mizuho Bank LTD – Bank Charge of JPY 4000
- Bank: MIZUHO BANK LTD, Kudan Branch
- 2-4 Kanda Jimho-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-0051, JAPAN-Branch Number:532
- Account number: 0719019
- Swift Code MHCBJPJT
- Credit Card: Through PayPal on I.I. Website with PayPal handling fee of 5%. Credit card: Visa, MasterCard, American Express etc. Pay Pal Account Transfer: email@example.com. Note additional Credit card foreign transaction fees may apply.
- Payment through Japan Post Office is no longer available.
Click here to return to Chapter Resources page