Regional Advocate Qualifications
This committee has collaborated and developed a list of required and desirable qualification for serving on this committee.
|Required Qualifications||Desirable Qualifications|
|Past or current board member of an I.I. NCAR chapter||Past or current president of any I.I. chapter|
|Active in I.I. NCAR chapter for a minimum of 3+ years||Active in I.I. NCAR chapter for 5+ years|
|Comfortable with email communications and checks email a minimum of once a day (with the exception of holidays and vacations)||Has attended at least one NCAR Regional or non NCAR Regional conference|
|Has been active with one school of Ikebana in the past||Currently active with one school of Ikebana|
|Can devote up to 5-10 hours per week on NCAR issues working with assigned regional chapters as well as NCAR Advocate committee||Has some experience or is willing to help chapters develop their digital presence (Facebook, website, email correspondence)|
|A Full/Regular or Associate member of a chapter in their assigned NCAR region||Willing to travel to their respective assigned chapters without compensation|
|Committed to achieve NCAR Advocate Committee Goals||Has creative ideas for how to help NCAR Regional Advocate Committee achieve its goals|
|General Criteria: Committee should consist of members from large, medium and small chapters as well as different schools of Ikebana.|
The current Regional Advocate Committee elected at the 18th NCAR Conference in Dallas along with their qualifications can be found here.
Regional Advocate Election Process
The next Regional Advocate Committee will be elected at the 19th North & Central American Regional Conference to be held in Philadelphia, hosted by Ikebana International Philadelphia Chapter #71 from April 30-May 4, 2023.
Below is the recommended procedure for electing the Regional Advocate Committee at the 19th NCARC in Philadelphia
APPLICATION TO SERVE
- Those wishing to be on the Regional Advocate Committee for a term of service from 2023-2028 must submit an application of interest indicating their qualifications, interest to serve and represent their current chapters’ region.
- It is planned that the Regional Advocate Committee will have staggered terms. At this point in time we do not know how many openings will be available for the 2023-2028 term. That information will be announced at least (6) months prior to the 19th NCARC conference in Philadelphia.
- Application and deadlines will be determined at least six (6) months prior to the NCAR 19th Conference in Philadelphia and all NCAR chapters will be notified.
- Applications will be reviewed to ensure candidates meet all qualifications and have a desire to serve by the current Regional Advocate Committee.
- In addition to staggered term, the Committee also will aim for diversity in chapter size (large, medium and small chapters) as well as representation from different schools of Ikebana.
- A slate will be prepared and presented by the current Regional Advocate Committee at the delegates Business Meeting at the 19th NCARC.
- Additional nominations will be accepted from the floor at the Business Meeting for candidates that meet the qualifications and consent to serve.
- Some regions may only have one qualified candidate interested in serving. Other regions may have more than one qualified candidate from which to choose.
VOTING AND ELECTION
Delegates at the 19th NCARC Business Meeting in each specific area (East, South, West, Midwest, At Large and Communications) will vote on their respective Regional Advocate. Example: Applications of those interested to serve from the East Region will be voted upon by delegates from the East Region only. Applications for the Communications Chair will be voted upon by all delegates present regardless of region/area.
The Candidate receiving a majority of the votes from their area will be elected to serve.