The relationship between sensei and student is important!
First select the right school of Ikebana for you, then find a sensei!
- Here is a brief description of the individual schools and explanation of the various teacher ranks. This will be updated as we get more schools to provide this information.
- This list provides all the active teachers by school and chapter within NCAR. If you wish a virtual teacher – look for the indication they teach virtually.
- Need some help on how to decide?
- Many sensei have provided a Sensei Profile and/or sample video. Look for links to them on this list.
- Consider scheduling a “meet and greet” session with a sensei. Some sensei even offer a free lesson or the opportunity to observe one!
- Contact any of the Regional Advocates who will work with you or refer you to someone who can help you find the right fit for you. But first see the information below about the many school of Ikebana taught here in the NCAR.
- The table below lists all the schools for which there are sensei within the North & Central American Region.
|School of Ikebana||Arrangement Photos and information on this website||Official school website|
|Banmi Shofutai Ryu||NA||Banmi Shofu Ryu of Ikebana|
|Chiko||NA||Chiko School from I.I. HQ website|
|Ichiyo||Focus on Ichiyo||Ichiyo Art|
|Ikenobo||Focus on Ikenobo||Ikenobo Origin of Ikebana|
|Kado Enshu||Kado Enshu|
|Kado Sensho Ikenobo||NA||About Kado Sensho|
|Ohara||Focus on Ohara||Ohara School of Ikebana|
|Ryusei Ha||NA||Ryusei Ha from I.I. HQ website|
|Saga Goryu||NA||Saga Goryu on I.I. HQ website|