With the generous support of the Iwaya Fund*,
all NCAR chapters have an upgraded Zoom account
All You Need to Know to Use Zoom
- This document outlines the courtesies and policies of using the account to maximize its use for all chapters within the North & Central American Region (NCAR)
- We have established different Guidelines for showing NCAR videos on Zoom.
- How to schedule a Zoom meeting and the protocols associated with the NCAR Account. (This is different than scheduling Video Showings)
- It is recommended that all hosts and participants have the latest version of Zoom (as of 9/14/20, the latest version was 5.2.3). Click here for Zoom update instructions.
- This document is worth sending to your chapter members on “How to Participate in a Zoom meeting”
- Zoom Guidelines and Instructions for Chapters – this contains just about everything you need to know about Zoom for your chapter meetings and video showings.
- To access the login information and Password for this account please email or call the Regional Advocate for your chapter.
We are excited to make this Pro Zoom account available to your chapter for meetings, programs and exhibitions as you learn how to use the technology. We encourage you now and the future to use it for :
- Board meetings
- Committee meetings
- Chapter meetings, especially for smaller chapters
- Programs that are conducive to video conferencing or for smaller attendance
- Events during bad weather (summer or winter)
- However, this account is not to be used for showing videos.
- Videos can be scheduled through the NCAR Video Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using your own paid (not free) Zoom account.
New to Zoom
For those who have not used Zoom, download the app “Zoom.us”. Take a look at the instruction and plan a “test” meeting with a few of your board. The more you use it the more you will get to know that it is a great tool. (Explore the website to learn creative ways to use Zoom.)
We firmly believe that you will find this tool useful now when we are still not meeting in person as well as into the future.